Friday 6 January 2012

Holidays are over and back to health!

Well the holidays are over and who ever survived the eating and indulgence is ready for going back to health. I went back to my family and being Italian, they cannot deal with low salt or less wheat. Being an Italian myself, I love the food but I realised that eating a lot more salt and eating more wheat that I usually eat lead to my increase in my weight, and that without any alcohol. So now that I am back to my normal no salt and little wheat a day I already lost 1 kg. I loved the Italian foods but eating it every day is too much. But that is only traditional food, if you eat fresh salads from the garden and fresh vegetables without the salt and wheat is actually the healthiest diet! I suppose once a year even the healthiest person can let go of being strict and enjoy what everybody else eats. I was actually craving though for my own foods after a week I do not think I could bare much of the good tastier food or the rich food that I was eating, once a week or twice yes but everyday was too much!! Well my advice after the new year for everybody, is staying away from alcohol  for a month, reduce the salt and wheat products and eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, beans, lentils for the vegetarians and vegans and fish and white meat for the non vegetarian, grilled or oven baked or stir fryed. Enjoy long walks in the park or visit your nearest gym for some extra exercise!!!

www.nutritionhealth.net

No comments:

Post a Comment