Monday 21 May 2012

Emotions and physical health

My thought today is how much our emotions can makes us ill or well. As a child I used to have coughs all the time but no allergies or any physical cause was ever found. I kept having bronchitis up to when I moved to London. I had them twice e year and had to take penicillin to get rid of it. I was wandering why I had those. I stopped having bronchitis twice a year when I moved to London even though I felt the London air was much heavier than the countryside air and the sea air where I was living. So what changed! Well I moved away from the emotional issue that was causing that. My parents and a small town society! Just to say that I love my parents and they were wonderful in providing for us children. But pressure from their own upbringing way and small town society can be quite suppressing if your mind is full of different things that you want to do and achieve. You really need a strong will and mind to go against the tide and is not easy if you keep living in the same place. But a shock can bring that courage even though it does not seem like that when you are in there. I think everyone that has got a persistent cough or cold should look at what they are not saying to themselves and what situation their are in that they do not want to be in. Obviously if it does involve other people you need to know what it is for yourself first and then talk to the other people involved or talk to a friend or a professional help to solve the problem. You should never blame anybody else for your own problem as we all have problems and the only one that can help change ourselves and go where we want to go is us. Therapies such as Emotional Freedom Technique, cranio-sacral, counselling, psychology, drama therapy, art therapy, etc can all help us understand what the real problem is. This does not mean that you might not react to food or environmental chemical, you might still react to that, but if there is nothing that anybody can find, do not think that is all in your mind but look into the emotional side of it instead of giving up... 

1 comment:

  1. This is just my thought on health issues that can give food for thoughts for some people

    ReplyDelete