Thursday 23 July 2009

healthy food and vitamins

Hi there, just wandering about what we get from our foods from the supermarket. I grew up in a country side in Italy, and my parents, plantend more or less everything that can grow and in season. So all my vegetables and some fruits where directly from the soil to the plate. I just came back now from my parents and left my son there to spend the summer. Often my clients asks if they need supplements. My answer is usually yes. The reason for that is because unless you have your own allotment and you buy food a the market that has been picked that morning, the vegetables and fruits that we eat are probably with less than half of what they should have. So yes I think living in London, being stressed out and for the majority of us that have not the fortune of having our own little vegetables spot, I think we do need some extra vitamin and minerals. Also if you do have problems even minor, might help the body to fight that particular problem. The problem with taking vitamins or minerals arises when you start taking many without knowing what is the problem and at high dosage, for no reason. It is always advisible if you do have a specific problem to ask or see a nutritionist as she/he will have a thorough consultation and have the knowledge to suggest specific supplements for specific problem.

http://www.nutritionhealth.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment